1. Whenever anyone pays you a spoken compliment on your work, tell them it made your day to hear that and ask if you can put that in writing on your website
2. When people DM you telling you how much they love your product or service or an example of how it got great results for them, screenshot it and add it to your website
3. Screenshot compliments on your blog, YouTube videos, and social media pages
4. Post on your social media page asking, “What do you love most about (product / service)?” and screenshot the answers.
5. Ask past clients or customers if you can feature them on your website and offer to draft the testimonial for them. A quick approval and a backlink to their site is makes this offer appealing
6. If no one has said anything yet about your product or service, ask them! Send a quick email and say you hope they found your product or service helpful, and if so you’d love them to hit reply and let you know.
7. Offer a ‘carrot’ in exchange for the testimonial, like a bonus passive product, a discount on their next purchase
8. Ask more than once! It’s usually nothing personal if you don’t get a reply at first, people are busy and get distracted easily. Have a follow up process in place to check in and make your request again.
9. Too nervous to ask? Use templates and systemise the process. It takes the emotion out of it and you’ll be able to set & forget, and watch those testimonials roll in! If you need help creating templates, let me know!
I hope you found these ideas helpful and I can't wait to see your testimonials! DM me on Instagram to share them with me.
Hi! I'm Marissa.
My courses, consults and trainings help entrepreneurs lighten their workload while they grow their business, for more income AND more freedom.
Relax and add ease to the running of your business
Listen to my free audio class on the 3 simplest ways to streamline your business growth.